Signing up to drive with Propagrub is simple. We need some info about yourself and the vehicle you'd like to drive on the Propagrub platform. You can provide this information by downloading the driver app.
We'll need to review your: - driver's license number - vehicle registration - additional info and documents for a driver screening Once we've approved your required documents, you gain full access to the app and can go online to receive ride requests and start earning.
You are in control of your own schedule and can adjust your weekly availability based on what works for you.
This can vary depending on the day of the week and time of day; however, our cutting-edge delivery system helps Propagrub to match the volume of orders with the number of drivers required.
Our advanced technology system matches your availability and location with the exact time food will be ready to collect, meaning a customer’s food arrives fresh, hot and tasty.
Need help with the sign-up process?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you with the onboarding process.
For cars and motorised scooters:
Standard insurance that covers you for the everyday use of your vehicle. It covers you for the times when you’re not using your vehicle for your work. SD&P insurance is a legal requirement for any vehicle that has not been declared off-road.
Your SD&P insurance does not cover you for your food delivery work with Propagrub. If you’re delivering food in return for payment, in addition to SD&P you’ll need to have:
- Hire and reward insurance, or
- Fast food delivery insurance, or
- Carriage of goods, including food, for hire and reward insurance
This covers you when you use your car or scooter for work. We’ll need to see proof of this insurance before you start driving with us.
One document to prove your right to work in the UK, which could be:
- UK/EEA passport
- EEA ID card (plus additional photo ID)
- Non-EEA passport, with valid visa (including immigration status) or Biometric Residence Permit
- UK birth/adoption certificate with National Insurance number
One document to verify your address, which could be:
- A bank or credit card statement (not from an online bank like Monzo or Starling)
- An original utility bill (excluding mobile phone)
If you’re applying to drive with a car or scooter, we also require:
- UK/EEA driving licence (or provisional licence and CBT for scooters)
- Proof of food delivery insurance
To drive with Propagrub you’ll need:
- Proof of your right to work in the UK as self-employed
- A smartphone – (iOS 11 and above) or Android (6.0 and above)
- Your own vehicle (bicycle, scooter, or car) with the necessary safety equipment
- A UK bank account
You must also:
- Be over 18
- Have no unspent criminal convictions
- Cars and motorised scooters will also need food delivery insurance as well as regular motor vehicle insurance
No, standard “Social, Domestic and Pleasure” insurance, which most people in the UK have to drive in their personal time, will not cover you whilst delivering food for Propagrub.
It is illegal to drive without valid insurance and you could receive a large penalty or disqualification from driving. Moreover, were you to be involved in an incident whilst not being insured, your insurance company would not cover the costs incurred.
As a courier on the Propagrub network, you have the freedom to choose when you can work, how often you work and how much you earn.
Drivers get paid for each delivery they make, with a minimum of £5 guaranteed. The exact delivery fee varies per order and includes a variable distance fee. You will be told of the delivery fee payable before you accept the order.
Fees are paid every week. Drivers keep 100% of any tips they receive, and these are paid at the same time as the rest of your fees.